Sahara Force India are giving a lucky fan the experience of a lifetime – the opportunity to #JoinTheTeam and spend a race weekend embedded with the SFI crew at the Italian Grand Prix!
The winner of the contest will join us in the legendary setting of Monza, one of the temples of motorsport, and take up a role that includes participation in pit-stop practice, crew duties, assisting the media and marketing teams in driver activities and much more – all while donning the unmistakeable Sahara Force India team uniform.
We are looking for a talented blogger, storyteller and, most importantly, a massive Formula One fan to join us on this Italian adventure. Here’s what you need to be doing in order to have a chance to win:
- write a “half term” review of Sahara Force India’s 2016 season. The review is to be published online between July 28th and August 4th with the link sent to email@example.com or, alternatively, the entries are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within the same period. Note: please enclose information including full name and surname, contacts (telephone and email), city/country of residence and whether you will be able to be in Monza, on your own means, between Sep 1 and 4.
- For a shortlist of candidates who have qualified to the second round, write a preview of the second half of the season from the team’s perspective AND a character piece on one of the drivers, to be published online between August 9th.and 19th or, alternatively, to be sent to email@example.com.
- The winner will be required to make his/her own way to Monza and provide his/her own accommodation and transportation to/from the circuit – all the rest’s on us.
The winner will be selected and announced on August 23rd – so get ready and get writing!
Last year’s winner, Stefano Nicoli (pictured, during pit-stop practice), said:
“Some experiences in your whole life are simply unforgettable, and winning the #JoinTheTeam contest is one of these. As a blogger, but mostly as a Formula One fan, there’s nothing more exciting than becoming part of the Sahara Force India F1 Team for a whole race weekend. Doing the track-walk, becoming the Lollipop Man during Pit Stop practice, living in an high-speed world side by side with drivers and engineers are unique emotions that you can also live thanks to the amazing Force India crew. Get ready for the most exciting weekend of your life!”
Grand Prix Programme
The winner will be required to produce a daily diary to be published at the end of each day and highlighting the winner’s participation in the team’s activities.
Thursday 1 September
Thursday is preparation day for the whole Team. It is media day for the drivers with press conferences, 1:1 interviews and autograph sessions. Additionally the drivers will also have a track walk for drivers, engineering meetings and physio sessions.
Over the race weekend, the winner will have the unique experience of living life as a Formula 1™ team member, experiencing the following:
- Join Engineer/drivers on track walk
- Participate in pit stop practice
- Contribute to the pit crew assignments
- Watch Free Practice from Garage Viewing Area – listening in on team communication on head-sets
- Assist Media Manager with driver interviews
- Support Marketing Team looking after VIP Guests
- Work with the Motorhome Hosts & Chefs
- Shadow Commercial / Senior Management
- Watch qualifying and the race from the motorhome or vantage points from around the circuit
Friday 2 September
1000-1130 Formula 1 Practice 1
1400-1530 Formula 1 Practice 2
Saturday 3 September
1100-1200 Formula 1 Practice 3
1400-1500 Formula 1 Qualifying
Sunday 4 September
1400-1600 Formula 1 Race
*The above arrangements are fluid and subject to change.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older by September 1st, 2016.
- – All entrants will be required to enter a qualifying contest by submitting an entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for misplaced, loss or damaged entries of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry.
- Employees of Sahara Force India Formula One Team or any company associated with this specific promotion, and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Multiple entries per person are not allowed. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Early, late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
- This promotion’s first round opens at 9am 28/07/2016 and closes at 5pm on 04/08/2016 (BST).
- There will be one winner. The winner will be selected on merit from all valid, shortlisted entrants. The winner will be announced on 23/08/2016.
- The winner will be required to travel to Monza, Italy, at own costs, and to find suitable accommodation/transportation to and from the circuit (or other suitable location). Meals will be provided at the track according to team schedules.
- If the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Your entry must include your details upon request. By participating in this competition you agree for your contact details to be shared with Sahara Force India Formula One Team and all participating companies for promotional reasons.
- Sahara Force India Formula One Team and all participating companies agree to never pass on any of your personal information, including your e-mail address, to any other parties.
- By participating in the competition, you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.